Whatever your origins, nationality or religion might be, whatever qualifications you may or may not have, whatever your social or professional status might be, whether you are married or single, the French Foreign Legion offers you a chance to start a new life… The French Foreign Legion is a unique arm of the French military which accepts volunteers of any race, creed, or nationality. The Foreign Legion is considered to be an integral part of the French army, and it accompanies other military members on missions using the same equipment and goals. Members of the Foreign Legion range from 17 to 40 in age, and come from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Salute Gorkha Training Center Pvt.Ltd. is NOT an official recruiting website of the French Foreign Legion. This is an information page.
So, how to join the French Foreign Legion? The ONLY solution to join the French Foreign Legion is to go to mainland France (in EUROPE) and knock on the door of one of the Foreign Legion recruiting centers (once you are in, free accommodation, food and clothing are immediately provided by the Legion).
There is NO OTHER WAY! No online applications, no letters of invitation, no French embassy’s documents are providing to join the French Foreign Legion. Keep in mind.
You will be enlisted as a single man, even if you are married. The first contract you sign up is for 5 years.
Entry Requirements to join the French Foreign Legion
What DOES matter:
- To be a man between 17.5 and 39.5 years
- To have a valid ID(Identity document)
- ID Card or a Passport for recruits from the European Union (EU)
- PASSPORT for recruits from all over the world
- To have a birth certificate verified copy (translation into English or French languages preferred)
– confirmation of the certificate’s copy not older than 6 months while enlisting
– you are allowed to enlist in the Legion without the certificate as well, however, the document will simplify your engagement
- To be NOT wanted by Interpol(NO murders, NO drug trafficking…)
- To be physically fit to serve at all times and places all over the world for at least 5 years
- To have BMI between 20 and 30
What does NOT matter:
- your citizenship (if you are a Brazilian, Indian, Russian, Japanese citizen etc…) doesn’t matter
- your race origin doesn’t matter
- your religion doesn’t matter
- your knowledge / ignorance of the French language doesn’t matter
- your educational background doesn’t matter
- your qualifications doesn’t matter
- your social status doesn’t matter
- your professional status doesn’t matter
- your marriage / marital status or family status doesn’t matter
- your military or non-military background doesn’t matter